Ochoco Lumber Company

|

Since 1938

Welcome to Ochoco Lumber Company

In the 1920’s, a group of prominent Northwest lumbermen saw an opportunity in Central Oregon’s vast Ponderosa Pine forest to produce lumber on a sustained yield basis and formed Ochoco Timber Company to purchase  timberlands.   In 1938, Ochoco Lumber Company was formed to build and operate sawmills that harvest from the 50,000 acres of timberlands owned and are predominantly located in Grant and Crook Counties.

From the establishment of Ochoco Timber Company in 1924 to Ochoco Lumber Company’s current timber holdings of 47,507 acres, our land and timber management philosophy focuses on longevity, beginning with the concept of harvesting on a sustained yield basis through revitalization practices to enhance the various natural resources within the forest.  The company’s timberland holdings are located in two geographic areas of Oregon.  The largest is 32,896 acres near Prineville referred to as the Foley Block and 14,611 acres in the John Day Area consisting of the Miller Mountain, Bear/Hall Creek and Fox Valley Tracts.  

Ochoco Lumber Company takes pride in being good stewards of all our lands; placing strong emphasis on excellent land and resource management practices that are implemented through long-term objectives.  We are environmentally conscious, knowing our management decisions today must be ecologically sound to prepare for a better tomorrow.  We remain committed to sustainable management which improves forest health, protects wildlife and enhances our natural resources for future generations.